Nutritional characteristics of acute and chronic pancreatitis
In the absence of pathology in the body, the enzyme enters the intestine, but due to pancreatitis, the enzyme remains in the organ and begins to gradually corrode its inner shell. Patients with pancreatitis are often poisoned, with the result that intestinal particles and enzymes remain in the bloodstream. If the treatment and diet do not achieve the desired results, the acute disease of the disease usually ends with surgery.
Chronic pancreatitis is usually caused by overeating, alcohol or drug abuse, the use of hormonal or estrogen drugs, and existing diseases of the gallbladder and liver. For both types of this disease, gastroenterologists recommend sticking to a special pancreatitis diet, which includes drawing up an approximate menu.
Acute Pancreatitis: A Weekly Diet Menu
In order to normalize the patient's physical condition, the nutritionist prescribed a special therapeutic food for him to eliminate pancreatic swelling and inflammation. In addition to medications, short-term fasting is also prescribed, so surgery can be avoided. During fasting, gastric juice is no longer produced and enzyme activity is also reduced, which will help damaged organs to recover within a few days.
During the first few days of fasting, it is recommended to drink non-gas mineral water, diluted green tea or rosehip broth in small amounts several times a day. Drinking alcohol can prevent dehydration, but after fasting, you need to eat gradually. If you suffer from acute pancreatitis, you should eat strictly, and experts should prepare a week’s menu. The standard diet for 5 days includes the following foods:
- Dry bread or wheat flour;
- Liquid jelly or fruit drink;
- Sticky rice or oatmeal soup;
- Liquid mashed potatoes, no oil;
- Cereals, such as oatmeal, rice, semolina or buckwheat;
- Dry cookies;
- Bread or crackers.
After 6 days, other foods and drinks can be added to the pancreatitis menu. It can be black tea or green tea, with a small amount of sugar or honey, plus milk, beet juice and a small amount of mineral water. The list of allowed meals includes:
- Steamed egg white omelet;
- Curd souffle;
- Ground meat or minced meat;
- Liquid sticky soup;
- Berry or apple mousse and jelly;
- Steamed vegetable puree and pudding without adding oil.
Sample menu of pancreatitis in one week
The diet for acute pancreatitis should be very strict, so the patient should stick to the menu prepared for him for a week. An example of this diet is provided below, but the exact list of dishes must be approved by a doctor.
- Breakfast. A liquid porridge made from rice or semolina, a fruit (for example, orange, pear, or apple), and light tea made with honey.
- Late breakfast. Pumpkin puree, steamed fish or chopped chicken, rosehip broth.
- Lunch. Fish or beef soup, mashed potatoes, dry white bread, baked apples for dessert.
- afternoon snack. A small portion of cheese and light tea, plus honey.
- Dinner. Steam omelet made of protein, dry sliced white bread and mashed potatoes.
The next day
- Breakfast. Milk oatmeal, jelly or tea (green or black).
- Late breakfast. Mix mashed potatoes and cheese.
- Lunch. Broccoli or broccoli soup, chicken meatballs.
- afternoon snack. Dry biscuits and green tea.
- Dinner. Rice or cheese pudding, jelly or tea.
The third day
- Breakfast. Rice base porridge, green tea and dry cookies.
- Late breakfast. Baked apples with honey or cottage cheese.
- Lunch. A vegetable soup with broccoli, potatoes, peas or carrots combined with meatballs and dried fruit.
- afternoon snack. Pureed cheese and light tea.
- Dinner. Low-fat fish, baked or steamed.
The sample menu may contain special recipes recommended for pancreatic pancreatitis. In order to prevent the disease from getting worse, each ingredient of each dish must be approved by a doctor or nutritionist. They usually recommend that they prepare the first and second dishes and special desserts.
Pumpkin and carrot puree
To prepare this diet puree, you need 400 grams of pumpkin and two carrots, which must be peeled and cut into medium-sized cubes. Then boil the vegetables in boiling water until soft enough. After cooking, you can drain all or part of the water in the pot to obtain a thinner mass. Using a blender, you need to turn the vegetables into uniform masses and eat them.
To prepare the soup, you need to consume half a kilogram of lean fish such as cod, cod, sea bass or flounder, half a liter of water, a teaspoon of butter and 50 ml of milk. Cut the fish fillets into small pieces and cook them in water or vegetable broth until tender. Boil separate preheated milk and melted butter, pour it into the fish soup, add the fish fillets, and cook all the food together for a few minutes.
It is worth remembering that in acute pancreatitis, it is strictly forbidden to eat fat and fried foods, foods that stimulate the fermentation of the digestive tract, drinking alcohol, kvass, kefir and carbonated drinks.
Pancreatic inflammation menuRegarding pancreatitis diets and typical menus, many gastroenterologists recommend that you follow the well-known diet No. 5, which is usually prescribed after the patient's condition improves in the acute phase. After fasting, the food allowed in the diet can be safely incorporated into the diet. Generally, this diet is divided into two stages, and the time for each stage is different.
During the first phase, you can only eat the puree for two weeks. After the end, the patient will switch to the second less strict menu option, which lasts at least six to eight months. In the first stage, you can eat unsalted liquid dishes with a lot of carbohydrates, drink fruit juice, fruit juice, rosehip soup with honey or sugar. Fat, fried or salty food is strictly prohibited.
After the fifth day of the diet, calories should be gradually increased while limiting fat intake. From the sixth day to the ninth day of this diet, the total calorie content of the food eaten every day should not exceed 1, 000 calories. After one-tenth, the number of calories will increase, and the patient will receive a second diet for pancreatitis for a week.
Nutrition for chronic diseases
Pancreatitis usually becomes a chronic disease. In this case, the special diet for pancreatic pancreatitis is more important than ever, so it is possible to completely return the gastrointestinal tract to normal. Malnutrition can lead to periodic characteristic seizures, especially if prohibited foods are included in the dishes, including boiled eggs, candy, chocolate, milk, soda and other similar foods. The symptoms of the disease are abdominal distension, significant weight gain after the next meal, and frequent vomiting. Chronic pancreatitis often causes the onset of diabetes, especially when the patient does not seek medical attention on time and does not start taking special medications.The nutritionist or gastroenterologist must develop a special menu for pancreatitis for a week, which should include light and digestible foods. Drinking mineral water without gasoline for two days, as well as wild rose or light tea soup, will be particularly useful. It is necessary to change to a low-calorie diet as soon as possible and prepare foods with the least fat and carbohydrate content in the diet. Food intake should be snacks, at least 5-6 times a day. The list of products that make up the chronic pancreatitis menu must include:
- Wheat rusks (purchase or prepare by yourself);
- Liquid vegetable or grain soup;
- grilled or boiled meat, including chicken, veal or rabbit;
- Steamed lean fish;
- Cheese with low fat content;
- Salt-free and low-fat cheese;
- Semi-liquid and liquid cereals;
- Vegetable puree and stew;
- Roasted and grated fruit;
- Light-colored jelly, mousse and candied fruit.
Sample menu and list of prohibited dishes
Although there are quite strict restrictions, the menu for adults and children with chronic pancreatitis must be different, and it is necessary to carefully monitor daily eating habits and eat by the hour. Usually, an expert draws up the menu every week, and also provides detailed instructions and suggestions to the patient, helps choose the right recipe, and discusses the characteristics of certain products. It is worth noting that the general menu of pancreatitis, you can pay attention to the menu while making your own diet:
- Breakfast. Add milk to oatmeal and add or subtract rose hip soup.
- The second breakfast. Steamed chicken or beef, light tea.
- Lunch. A soup based on carrot and pumpkin, steamed fish and tea.
- afternoon snack. Cheese for baby food.
- Dinner. Zucchini stewed carrots, boiled chicken breasts, dried fruit preserves.
- Dinner. A glass of low-fat kefir.
Pancreatic inflamed diets and similar menus imply strict restrictions, because many foods over-stimulate pancreas secretion and gastric juice production. The list of prohibited products includes:
- Fatty meat and fish, smoked meat, sausage and canned food;
- Meat and fish soup and mushroom soup;
- Cabbage soup, borscht, Oroshka;
- Fat dairy products;
- Fried and boiled eggs;
- All kinds of beans, cabbage, radish, onion, garlic, spinach, sorrel, eggplant, bell pepper and mushroom;
- Butter and flour bakery products, sweets, chocolate;
- Coffee, strong tea, cocoa, carbonated drinks.
Chronic Pancreatitis Recipe
Vegetable puree soup
To prepare it, you need an unsweetened yellow or green pepper, 200 grams of broccoli and cauliflower, and 1 zucchini. Cut the vegetables into small cubes, add 1. 5 liters of water and cook until soft. Then you need to drain the water and use a blender to make mashed potatoes.
To make a healthy diet marshmallow, you need 1 kg of apples, cut into small cubes, peeled, put them in a saucepan, add water to boil. After boiling, you need to remove the pot from the fire, drain the water, and then cool the apples. Then they are crushed with a blender, the resulting puree must be squeezed out, and the excess juice is poured into a separate container. Then the juices are boiled in a pot until they become thick, 100 grams of liquid honey are added to it and boiled until syrup is obtained. After that, the juice is mixed with the mashed potatoes, placed on a baking tray, and then placed in an oven preheated to 120 degrees to dry the marshmallows.
In most cases, a pancreatitis diet and a strict menu for a week will produce excellent results, because such a nutritional system has a very gentle effect on the internal organs. According to the doctor, according to the results of this diet, the work of the pancreas is stabilized, which is mainly due to the decrease in gastric juice concentration. Experts recommend that alcohol be completely eliminated during the treatment process and always adhere to a balanced and appropriate diet. In addition to improving the digestive tract, thanks to a menu with pancreatic inflammation and light food, you can also significantly reduce weight and improve the overall condition of your body.